Disc Jockey Application
About the position
The Disc Jockey will work for a Company that primarily performs at weddings (ceremonies and receptions), corporate events, schools, and private parties throughout southern California. A fundamental appreciation of popular music is desirable, but specific experience as a Disc Jockey is not necessary. The Disc Jockey must be professional, accommodating, friendly, helpful, outgoing, energetic, likable, responsible, organized and reliable at all times. If you know how to make people happy, we can train you on the rest.
The job is physically demanding. You must be strong and healthy to move and set up DJ equipment. The Disc Jockey will use equipment exclusively inspected by On The Go Dj Pro (and to On The Go Dj Pro’s specifications), including CD and digital controllers, mixers, lights, speakers, and amplifiers.
The Disc Jockey works on Saturdays and Sundays, with occasional events on weekday nights. This position can easily complement a regular M-F, 9AM-6PM type job, but you need to have excellent availability on Saturdays, specifically. This is not a good position for a person that already has a very busy life. Additional preparatory work is often required of the Disc Jockey, such as email communication and meeting clients for consultations. That said, the Disc Jockey’s pay includes all preparatory work, client meetings, and hours worked on the day of the event (usually around 6-10 total hours per function).
Extensive training on all aspects of the Disc Jockey position (equipment, selecting music, and public speaking using a microphone) will be provided to all candidates hired.
- Must be punctual for all duties (Performances start time, Client consultations, e-mail communications, etc…)
- Exceptional people skills and friendly demeanor at all times
- Comfortable in public with an energetic, outgoing personality, and a clear and strong voice
- Confident working autonomously
- Extremely responsible, reliable, and organized
- Highly responsive to customer emails and phone calls
- Professional appearance
- Appreciation of all types of music, including pop, hip-hop, rap, rock, oldies, country, slow, club, Latin, Motown, etc.
- Ability to lift a 60-pound speaker to shoulder height and onto a speaker stand (mandatory)
- Ability to download, read, and follow maps
- Proficient with computers, software, and using the Internet
- Must be able to pass a background check
Helpful skills (but not required)
- Familiarity with disc jockey equipment and/or home electronics
- Experience as a DJ
- Familiarity with typical wedding functions such as the first dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss, traditional dances, and participation songs
- Understanding and familiarity with beat matching, cueing, looping, and mixing music
- Handy and technologically savvy
- We specifically encourage candidates to apply that speak a second language as Chinese or Spanish (in addition to English)
- We encourage candidates to apply that enjoy and are comfortable working in front of people (such as teachers)
Please understand that this is NOT a full time position.
If you are not a good fit for the position, but you know a great “people person” that might have interest, please forward this employment opportunity to them.
Part-time, 0-20 hours per week (fluctuates seasonally)I would like to apply
On the Go DJ Pro has been bride certified through 1800 REGISTRY as one of their preferred vendors.
On the Go DJ Pro is a fully insured DJ Company warranted by a 1 to 2 million dollar general liability policy.
On the Go DJ Pro is part of the American Disc Jockey Association.
Call Now: 909.767.2919